Just a little video snippet of me attempting to exercise with my 9-month-old “helping!” He works great as a 20+ lb. weight for some of my exercises 🙂 (Now if you think it looks easy and he’s so well behaved…wait til the outtakes at the end.)
- Keep plenty of toys out to keep baby busy.
- Involve him in your workout – use as a weight for squats, lunges, deadlifts, etc.
- Make it fun for him (for example, kisses with pushups). Play with him while you stretch on the floor.
- Don’t be perfectionist about it. Expect interruptions and just go with the flow. Even if it’s broken up a bit, what matters is you’re being active!
- My 5-year-old is actually more of an interruption, so he plays games on his Tab or does Cosmic Kids Yoga while I work out. But see if your older kid wants to join in!
Want a full-length workout you can do with your baby? You’ll love the Total-Body Baby workout video!
Like this post? Love it? Hate it? Questions? Tell me in the comments!
Don’t forget to share this with your friends!