My favorite thing about fall:
Especially pumpkin spice lattes! But it seems the craze hits increasingly earlier every year. Kind of difficult to enjoy a steaming coffee when it’s still hot and humid as hell!
Fortunately, I have an amazing alternative! Meet this refreshing frozen version – FROSTED pumpkin spice latte! The addition of yogurt makes it a thick, ice cream shake-like treat you can enjoy year-round. And it’s actually pretty dang healthy!
So get ready for your new favorite pumpkin coffee-beverage-dessert combo!
Frosted Pumpkin Spice Latte
From Fit Mix Mom
- The first steps involve heating the ingredients. This allows the sugar to dissolve and the flavors to meld and makes a difference in taste. You can just combine them cold, but it’ll be better with this step.
- You will be freezing most of the ingredients into cubes. I like to make up multiple servings ahead of time and divide into individual serving bags ready to combine with milk in a blender. Super convenient!
- For sweetness, I use a homemade stevia blend made with coconut palm sugar and pure stevia. It’s a healthier, less processed sweetener that’s super easy to make. But you can experiment with your preferred sweetener and amount.
For a single serving
- 1 or 2 shots brewed espresso OR 1/2 cup brewed regular coffee
- 3 Tbsp. canned pumpkin (pumpkin puree – not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 tsp. stevia blend (or other sweetener to taste)
- 1/8 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup vanilla yogurt (flavor your own to reduce added sugar)
- 3/4 cup milk of choice (I use 2% dairy)
- Combine coffee, pumpkin, spices, and stevia blend in a saucepan.
- Heat until simmering, stirring constantly with a whisk. Remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture into ice cube tray. (May want to wait until cooled if using a plastic tray. I use a silicone tray, which can stand the heat.)
- Spoon or pour yogurt separately into tray as well.
- Freeze coffee mixture and yogurt until solid.
- Pop cubes out (dip bottom of tray in hot water for 20 seconds for easier loosening). Combine cubes and milk in a blender and blend until smooth.
Enjoy! And you’re welcome! Please share – your friends will thank you!
Fat: 4 g
Carbs: 44 g
Protein: 12 g
*When made with homemade stevia blend, self-flavored vanilla yogurt, and 2% milk. Values may vary depending on exact ingredients used.
Fit Mix Mom – Free workouts, healthy recipes, motivation, and more!
Like this post? Love it? Hate it? Questions? Tell me in the comments!
Don’t forget to share!
This post contains product links. I am referring you to the products I personally use or recommend. If you purchase items during that browser session, I may receive a small commission.